Join NexChange - the professional
network for the financial services
industry - and receive a free one-
year subscription to Forbes
Aussie firm ranks as Asia's fastest growing fintech startup
When it comes to fintech in Asia Pacific it’s Hong Kong and Singapore that seem to be getting the most attention, yet it was an Australian startup that clinched the top spot for fintech in the latest 2015 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific.
The list, which tracks the fastest growing tech companies in the region, ranked Sydney-based Prospa — an online small business lender — as the third fastest growing tech startup in the region.
Prospa, which has grown 7000% over the last three years, was the only fintech startup to make the top ten. It also was one of two Australian companies in the list. Joshua Tanchel, Deloitte Australia Tech Fast 50 lead partner, said in a statement:
These are superb rankings for Australia to punch so far above our collective weight to reach close to the top of the leader board of the fastest growing technology companies in Asia. […] This is the first time two Australian companies have reached the top five in the 14 year history of the Asia Technology Fast 50.
Here is the top ten in full:
- Devsisters Corp., South Korea, software
- Wuhan hi-target Digital Cloud Technology, China, hardware
- Prospa, Australia, software
- Cirrus Networks, Australia, hardware
- Changzhou Yihutong Logistics Technology, China, media
- Chongqing Yijifu Technology, China, communications
- Shenzhen iDreamSky Technology, China, software
- Beijing YixinYixing Automotive, China, communications
- F1 Info Solutions, India, hardware
- CapitalBio Technology, China, Life Sciences
Photo: paul bica